Valve announced the different types and nominees for the 2022 Steam Awards last month, alongside the Steam Winter Sale. Elden Ring has been named the Steam Game of the Year after receiving votes from thousands of Steam users; it also won the ‘best video game you suck at’ award.
Elden. Ring was named the Steam 2022 GOTY, but many other games received recognition. In comparison to The Game Awards, the Steam Awards have a little more variety all around, so one or two games rarely dominate a number of different types. Elden Ring does, however, come out of the Steam Awards with the most wins, having won best in two categories.
The complete list of Steam Awards 2022 winners is available below:
- Game of the Year – Elden Ring
- VR Game of the Year – Hitman 3
- Labour of Love – Cyberpunk 2077
- Better with Friends – Raft
- Outstanding Visual Style – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Most Innovative Gameplay – Stray
- Best Game you Suck At – Elden Ring
- Best Soundtrack – Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade
- Outstanding Story-Rich Game – God of War
- Sit Back and Relax – Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Best Game On The Go – Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
Dying Light 2, Persona 5 Royal, Sonic Frontiers, A Plague Tale Requiem, Vampire Survivors, Neon White, Monster Hunter Rise, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, and Cult of the Lamb all missed out on awards.